Friday, April 16, 2010

Weekend Wreckless Abandon

What is it about the weekend that makes us loose our weight loss focus? Why is it that I feel totally justified in eating half a box of white cheddar cheezits at 11am on Saturday? If it's ok for Saturday then why isn't it ok on Tuesday? Weird. Of course every Monday is a day of renewal. Each new commitment is made on Sunday night after burgers and Frito scoops. And don't even try to wear those form fitting exercise pants to the gym on Monday. those are strictly Thursday pants. For some reason in my mind the weekend is my "time off" from all this dieting. It's tiring counting all the calories every day and trying to make it in under my daily allotment. I just want a day or two where I don't have to think about it. I may even put sugar in my coffee..... real sugar *gasp*
But with all these thoughts comes one more. Am I only making my road longer? Maybe if I could stay away from that scone on Saturday morning I would have made it to my goal. Or that glass of wine...... No that won't happen. I have realized I can rationalize myself into anything. The dialogue in my head goes something like this: "Well I had a salad for lunch yesterday, so it's ok to have this bowl of ice cream." Or "I had egg whites for breakfast so it's ok to have chick fil a." I am a genius at convincing myself into getting what I want with minimal guilt. I should teach a class.
So here's to making a little more effort every day..... not just Monday through Friday. I think I'll start next weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how do you know whats going on in MY head......?????